ذكذكتسئµ to launch UK first human rights scholarship with the Clooney Foundation for Justice. Find out more
Conflict in Israel and Gaza – support for students. Find out more


Undergraduate Course Fees and Funding

Each of our courses running for the 2024 academic year have varying fees, depending on your status as a UK or International student. The fees listed below are per year.

Three year Full-time Degree
Four year Full-time Degree with Foundation Year
Two year LLB (Hons) Senior Status
MLaw (Solicitors' Practice) - four year Integrated Master's


Two year LLB (Hons) Law Accelerated
Two year BSc (Hons) Professional Policing Accelerated



Three year Full-time Degree
Four year Full-time Degree with Foundation Year
Two year LLB (Hons) Senior Status
£16,700 (non-London), £17,550 (London)

Two year LLB (Hons) Law Accelerated
Two year BSc (Hons) Professional Policing Accelerated
£20,350 (non-London), £22,150 (London)

Three year Full-time Degree

Four year Degree

Six year Degree

International Foundation Programmes

Please note that a £250 deposit is required for all online courses.

Hong Kong fees:

3 year full-time online 95,300 HKD per year

4 year online 71,475 HKD per year - no deposit

6 year online 47,650 HKD per year - no deposit

Fee Schedules for 2023 and 2024

For more detailed information about the fees and payment schedule for each course, please refer to our fee and instalment schedules information.

Go to Fee and Instalment Schedules â‍”

If you require a visa to study in the UK

Please note, if you are an international student and intend to study full time at a ULaw Campus, upon acceptance of your place on your course you will need to make a payment of £6,000. This is referred to as the “International Acceptance Payment” and will count towards your initial course fees. Only upon receipt of payment will your acceptance onto a course be confirmed by ULaw.

If you are an international student who requires a Student Route Visa to study within the UK, you must have been issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (a “CAS”) before you can apply for your Student Route Visa. Before the University can assess your eligibility for Student Route Visa sponsorship, you must make a pre-payment of £6,000 towards your course fees.

Please note that you are not required to pay both this pre-payment and an International Acceptance Payment. If you have paid the International Acceptance Payment, you will not be required to make this pre-payment. Once you have paid the £6,000 either as a pre-payment or the International Acceptance Payment, international students will then be asked to pay the remaining balance of the Annual Tuition Fee over a maximum of three instalments, as set out in the Undergraduate Instalment Options Schedule.

Please note, students undertaking supported online learning courses do not require a Student Route Visa but may (depending on nationality) require another type of visa to attend induction, study on weekends or undertake assessments. If you are unsure whether you require a visa, you should contact our International Student Advice team at [email protected] for further guidance.

Paying your course fees

The course fees cover your tuition, course materials and learning resources. If for any reason you need to resit your exams, these will be charged separately.

We have a useful download to give you all the information you should need about paying for your course.

Download â‍”

Funding Your Studies

There are two main costs you will need to consider when applying for an undergraduate degree: tuition fees and living/study costs, known as ‘maintenance’.

All undergraduate courses ذكذكتسئµ will be running during the 2024 academic year have been designated to receive student support, with the following exceptions, because they do not meet the undergraduate funding criteria:

  • January start 4.5 year LLB
  • Senior Status LLB
  • 1 year International Foundation Years
  • International Business Management (top up)
  • International Foundation Programmes

If you attend an eligible course starting in the 2024/25 academic year you may be able to apply for a loan from your national UK funding provider (e.g. Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland or the Student Awards Agency Scotland) of up to £9,250 towards your full-time course fee (£11,100 for the LLB (Hons) Accelerated Law Degree and Accelerated Professional Policing Degree), or up to £6,935 if you attend a part time course.

If you are successful in securing a tuition fee loan from your national UK funding provider it will be paid directly to ذكذكتسئµ in three instalments throughout the academic year.

You can usually apply for funding from your national UK funding provider from the March prior to the start of your course (i.e. from March 2024 for a course starting in September 2024 or January 2025) – the exact date can vary from year to year.

We very strongly recommend that you apply for your student funding as soon as you are able, to avoid any delays to your funding being in place for the start of your course. Don’t worry if you are not 100% sure if you will be coming to university – the funding for which you have applied does not become ‘real’ until the University confirms with your national UK funding provider that you have fully registered on your course. This means, for example, that if you apply for a tuition fee and/or maintenance loan, but don’t fully register on your course, these loans are never ‘activated’.

You can receive the tuition fee loan regardless of your household income although you should be aware that previous higher education study can negatively affect your eligibility for the loan. There are residency requirements for the tuition fee loan, which you should check with your UK national funding provider. You can also choose to borrow less than the maximum loan available to you or choose to fund the course yourself.

Also known as living cost support, students studying a course on campus, either full-time or part-time, are eligible to apply for maintenance support to help pay for living costs such as accommodation, food and travel. The amount you will receive – and how much is in the form of a non-repayable grant or repayable loan - is affected by factors such as:

  • household income and circumstances;
  • within which UK nation you reside;
  • whether or not you live in the parental home whilst studying; and
  • which campus you attend (students studying at London campuses may receive a higher rate of maintenance support).

For example, if you live in England then maintenance support is in the form of a loan, part of which is assessed according to your household income - although see below for additional grants if you have child or adult dependant(s); if you live in Wales then your maintenance support may be entirely composed of a non-repayable grant, a repayable loan or combination of the two, depending upon your household income.

Please note that online courses are not eligible for maintenance support, unless you have a disability which prevents you from studying a campus-based course.

Your maintenance support is usually paid in three instalments at the start of each term. The first instalment of any maintenance support will not be paid to you until the University has confirmed to your UK national funding provider that you have fully registered on your course.

If you are coming to ذكذكتسئµ through Clearing, or you indicated on your student funding application that you would be attending a different university, it is extremely important that you sign in to your student funding account and change your application to indicate you will now be attending ذكذكتسئµ as soon as you know you will now be studying with us. It is quick and easy to do – if your funding comes from Student Finance England, you can read their to doing this on their website.

If you don’t change the university to which you are coming to ذكذكتسئµ then your maintenance support will be seriously delayed.

If you study on a satellite campus/@ULaw – for example the University of Sheffield or Exeter – then it is really important that you enter ذكذكتسئµ as the institution with which you study on your funding application, not the university on whose campus you attend. If you enter the incorrect institution and/or course then your funding will be delayed and will not be available to you at the start of your course.

If you have child or adult dependants you may be eligible for additional maintenance support (usually in the form of non-repayable grants) and if you are aged 60 or over at the start of your course you may only be eligible for limited maintenance support. Please note that most full-time students are not eligible to claim means-tested welfare benefits, but there are some exceptions to this – for example if you have children.

There are residency requirements for maintenance support, which are usually more restrictive than for tuition fee loans.

Whilst most EU nationals are no longer entitled to student funding from the UK government you may be eligible for tuition fee and maintenance support from your UK national funding provider if you have pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) – for example, if you have pre-settled status you may be eligible for a tuition fee loan whilst if you have settled status you may also be eligible for maintenance support. If you are an Irish citizen then you may be eligible for a tuition fee loan and maintenance support, depending on where you have been living prior to the start of your course.

You can find more information on the relevant UK national funding provider’s website below.

If you are from the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or Gibraltar you should contact your government’s education department as you will not be eligible for funding from the UK government.

If you have any questions about your eligibility for funding, welfare benefits etc you can also contact the University’s Money & Housing Advice Team, email [email protected]

International students are all students that do not meet the criteria to be UK students, this includes students who require a Student Route visa to study at the University.

The financial support you can receive depends on your funding status. Your funding status is based on where you have lived and for how long. The summary below doesn’t cover all circumstances - even if you don’t meet these criteria, you may still qualify for student finance. Please visit the for more detailed information.


International students are not eligible for UK government funding schemes open to UK students. You should contact the relevant department within your home country’s government to find out what funding may be available to support your studies in the UK. Alternatively, contact your local British Council office who will be able to provide you with details of scholarships and other sources of funding you may be able to apply for. In addition to public sources, commercial lenders may be able to provide loan schemes to cover the cost of fees and living expenses.

If you are applying for financial support, we ask that you have accepted your offer of a place before sending us any funding application requests to be completed on your behalf.


Many international students fund their studies in the UK through scholarship awards. There are numerous scholarship schemes that you may be able to apply for, and the British Council provides information on scholarship schemes that are available within your own country for study in the UK. You may also want to look for scholarships that may be available from local and/or national government and private charities/organisations.

More Information

Your local British Council office can provide you with details of scholarships and other sources of funding that you can apply for as an international student. Visit the for contact details for your local British Council office.

How to pay your fees

How you will be required to pay the tuition fees will depend on your residency or funding status. More information on how to pay your tuition fees will be sent to you once you have accepted an offer of a place on an undergraduate course at ذكذكتسئµ. More information about paying your fees can be found in our terms and conditions, and in the How to pay your course fees download below.

Download >

We understand that that course fees are a big investment for students so when someone offers you a discount it can be tempting. However, if you are not paying your fees direct to us you are being scammed and may be the victim of credit card fraud.

These are the things to look out for

  • Scammers approaching you saying they can reduce the cost of your fees, offering a discount or a better rate of exchange if you make your fee payments to them.
  • They may contact you via WeChat or other social media channels.
  • They may pose as a student or representative of the University
  • People offering to pay on your behalf or directing you to a website which looks genuine

How to avoid Tuition Fee Fraud

  • Only ever pay your fees directly to ذكذكتسئµ. The simplest way to pay us is via the MyUlaw App tile “pay my fees”.
  • Don’t share any of your personal details or login information
  • Don’t be pressurised into making payments when made an offer however good the discount may look
  • Contact the University on 0800 289 997 (UK) or +44 (0)1483 216 000 (International) if you receive any suspicious contact

We want to ensure no-one falls victim to any of these scams. Our Admissions team are always best placed to advise you of any genuine offers, scholarships and discounts and our Finance team on how to pay your fees.

More Information

Action Fraud - contactable online  or by phone 0300 123 2040

Mortar board and scroll


We have a range of scholarships and bursaries available for our courses. Visit our scholarships page to check out what’s on offer and register your interest today.

Find out more

Contact Us

If you have any queries about course fees and funding options, please contact our Student Finance Team.

Email: [email protected]

Phone: +44 (0) 1483 216380

We will endeavour to process your query within 72 hours, however this may take longer during busy times of the year.

If you have detailed questions about your student funding eligibility you can also contact the University’s Money & Housing Advice Team, email [email protected]